Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- "This ship carries the Crest of Alderaan! Is any of the Royal Family on board?"
- ―Darth Vader
That insignia was already in use during the Cold War, around the year 3643 BBY. At the time, the Crest was featured prominently on the banners hanging from the walls of Castle Organa on the Apalis Coast. Much later, during the three-year time span of the Clone Wars, the Prince Bail Organa often wore a silver belt buckle in the shape of the Crest of Alderaan. In the last days of the Alderaanian culture, that crest was featured on the uniform collar of the Alderaan Royal Guards and was used to mark royal vessels such as the Tantive IV.
Many years after the destruction of his homeworld in 0 BBY, the Alderaanian Cal Omas, who served as the last Chief of State of the New Republic, also wore a belt buckle identical to the one Prince Organa once owned.
Behind the scenesEdit
The Crest of Alderaan was first mentioned in 1977, in the first issue of the Marvel Star Wars series of comic books, which retelled the opening events of Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope. It was first seen twenty-eight years later on a prop belt buckle worn by Jimmy Smits while playing Bail Organa in Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith. Since then, the Crest has appeared in many episodes of the animated series Star Wars: The Clone Wars in which Organa himself appeared.
The portrait of Cal Omas drawn by Brian Rood and featured in the 2012 reference book The Essential Reader's Companion showed him wearing the same belt as Bail Organa. That rendering of Omas was most likely based on a posed photograph of Organa with his gray jumpsuit and cloak from the Polis Massa sequence in Revenge of the Sith.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Cat and Mouse"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Hostage Crisis"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Pursuit of Peace"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Senate Murders"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Crisis on Naboo"
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- The Last of the Jedi: Master of Deception (Cover only)
- Star Wars: The Force Unleashed video game
- Shadow Games
- Star Wars 1 (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars 9
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Star Wars 1
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Shadow Games
- ↑ The Force Unleashed Campaign Guide
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Star Wars: The Old Republic
- ↑ According to this forum post from lead writer Daniel Erickson, the events of the video game Star Wars: The Old Republic took place ten years after the signing of the Treaty of Coruscant, placing the Alderaanian conflict around 3643 BBY.
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 The Essential Reader's Companion
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Cat and Mouse"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Hostage Crisis"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Senate Murders"