Crimson Squadron was a Resistance Bomber Squadron comprised of MG-100 StarFortress SF-17s. They most notably took part in the Evacuation of D'Qar during the Resistance's war with the First Order.
During the evacuation of D'Qar, two bombers of Crimson Squadron was called in to bomb the Mandator IV-class Siege Dreadnought that was targeting the MC85 Star Cruiser Raddus, along with Cobalt Squadron. All of Crimson Squadron was destroyed, but Cobalt Squadron member Paige Tico managed to destroy the dreadnought, with the loss of Crimson Squadron.
Behind the scenesEdit
Crimson Squadron was first seen in the first teaser trailer for Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi on April 14, 2017. The name was revealed on September 8, 2017 on the Fantasy Flight Games website.
- The Last Jedi: Cobalt Squadron
- The Last Jedi: Bomber Command
- Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Expanded Edition
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: A Junior Novel
- The Last Jedi: Rey's Journey (Picture only)
- The Last Jedi: Rose and Finn's Secret Mission (Picture only)
- The Last Jedi Adaptation 1
- Poe Dameron 28: The Awakening, Part III (Indirect mention only)
- (First pictured)
- Resistance Bomber Expansion Pack (First identified as Crimson Squadron)
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Incredible Cross-Sections
- Star Wars Encyclopedia of Starfighters and Other Vehicles
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Incredible Cross-Sections
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 2.7 2.8 2.9 The Last Jedi: Cobalt Squadron
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 Finish What You Start. Fantasy Flight Games (2017-09-08). Retrieved on September 9, 2017.
- ↑ Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game – Resistance Bomber Expansion Pack (Card: Crimson Specialist—Resistance Bomber)
- ↑ Star Wars: The Last Jedi: A Junior Novel
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode VII The Last Jedi
- ↑ The novel Bloodline reveals that Leia Organa formed the Resistance in 28 ABY. Therefore Crimson Squadron must have been formed between the years 28 ABY and 34 ABY.