The Cross emblem was known to have represented techniques of healing since as early as the time of the Galactic Republic. While not unique to the Jedi, the symbol somehow became connected with the order's ability to heal the sick or wounded through the use of Force healing.
Behind the scenesEdit
The cross that represents Force Healing in these games strongly resembles the Swiss cross. In the real world this emblem has clear connections with the healing efforts of the International Red Cross and first aid, and Christianity. The cross is not colored red in most depictions, as the Red Cross symbol is protected by international treaties (the Geneva Convention), and the International Committee of the Red Cross has vigorously protected its exclusive rights to use the symbol, as it is a "protected symbol" (a sign of truce giving at least theoretical protection to the bearer/marked structure) during times of war.
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords
- Star Wars: Republic Commando
- Star Wars 19: The Ultimate Gamble (First appearance)
- Star Wars 20: Deathgame
- LEGO Star Wars: The Quest for R2-D2 (Non-canonical appearance)
- Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II
- Star Wars: Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast
- Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy