300 credits 
|Usage and history|
Crossbows were primitive weapons used normally by archaic peoples with no blaster technology.
The crossbows fired small arrow-like projectiles, known as spears or bolts. The crossbow needed to be cranked via a windlass after each shot and had a slow rate of fire, although the lethality and accuracy of this weapon was not to be underestimated.
Mostly primitive species, like the Ewoks of Endor used this weapon. However, many professional assassins, hunters and sportsmen included modified versions of these weapons in their arsenal, as they were absolutely silent and perfect for hunting targets, whether for task assignments or sport.
- Dawn of the Jedi: Into the Void
- Episode I Adventures 3: The Fury of Darth Maul
- Lando Calrissian and the Mindharp of Sharu (First mentioned)
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided
- Fair Prey"—Star Wars Gamer 1 "
- "Hunting Holiday"—Shadows of the Empire Sourcebook
- Heir to the Empire (First appearance)
- The Last Command
- Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game, First Edition
- The Star Wars Sourcebook
- Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game, Second Edition
- Star Wars Gamemaster Screen, Revised
- The Unknown Regions