The crossguard lightsaber, also known as the forked lightsaber, was a type of lightsaber known to be utilized by the Jedi Master and more notably Jedi General Roblio Darté, whose weapon had two blue blades.
The crossguard lightsaber was essentially a regular lightsaber with a second blade emitter protruding near the first one at a 45-degree angle to the axis of the hilt. The blade the second emitter emitted was dagger-sized. Roblio Darté's hilt was also built with a slight curve.
During the Galactic War of The Old Republic, a variant of the crossguard lightsaber was known to be in use, with three blades rather than two; the primary blade, and two dagger-sized blades at 90-degree angles to the hilt.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Jedi Alliance
- Star Wars: Republic 61: Dead Ends (First appearance) (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars: Purge
- Jedi Academy Training Manual (First identified as crossguard lightsaber)
- "Launch Pad"—Star Wars Insider 155