A weapon primarily used by duelists among the Jedi Order, the crossguard lightsaber resembled the standard lightsaber hilt with a second, low-output blade emitter protruding at a 90-degree angle to the axis of the hilt. The blades of the second emitter were produced by a specialized power modulator that utilized a splitter to produce two very short blades. The purpose of these blades was to shunt power away from the main blade and to block and catch an opponent's blade. Some variants of the crossguard had only one secondary emitter, at varying angles.
The crossguard lightsaber was utilized by Jedi Master and General Roblio Darté, whose weapon had two blue blades. With only one secondary blade, the secondary emitter was angled at 45-degrees from the main blade.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Jedi Alliance
- Republic 61: Dead Ends (First appearance) (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars: Purge
- Jedi Academy Training Manual (First identified as crossguard lightsaber)
- "Launch Pad"—Star Wars Insider 155
- Endless Vigil