| Production information
Professor Huyang, the architect droid stationed on the Crucible, stated that he survived on the ship for over a thousand years, dating himself and the ship back to the Old Republic era. The ship also had Old Republic markings to support this.
Around 20 BBY, the Crucible was employed to transport a class of Jedi Initiates—Petro, Gungi, Katooni, Ganodi, Byph, and Zatt—to Ilum, where they would undergo The Gathering to claim their lightsaber crystals.
After the Jedi Initiates found their crystals and they tried to make their own lightsabers on the ship, helped by Professor Huyang, the ship was attacked by pirates. When Ahsoka Tano and the Jedi younglings tried to use the ship to escape from the pirates on Florrum, it was shot down and destroyed by one of the pirates' WLO-5 speeder tanks. Following the Second Battle of Florrum, Hondo Ohnaka and his pirates would later salvage the Crucible wreckage.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Gathering"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "A Test of Strength"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Bound for Rescue"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "A Necessary Bond"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Revival" (First appearance) (Wreckage only)
- (First identified as Crucible)
- "Unexpected Journeys"—Star Wars Insider 140
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Episode Guide
- "Unexpected Journeys"—Star Wars Insider Special Edition 2014 (Reprint from Star Wars Insider 140)