Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Throughout naval history, it was used for some of the largest and most common warships in a given fleet, but alternate designations like Star Cruiser was also applied, like in the navy of the Galactic Empire and the Rebel Alliance. Ships that were designated with other names were also often referred to as cruisers.
The cruiser designation for warships second only to battleships was used to a certain extent by the Trade Federation, the Confederacy of Independent Systems and the Galactic Empire (as Star Cruisers). The Rebel Alliance often used the Star Cruiser term to describe its heaviest Mon Calamari warships, which served as either cruisers or battleships.
In at least one classification system, cruisers could be divided into three categories: light, medium and heavy. The light cruisers were at the lower end of the cruiser interval, around 350–400 meters, which likewise were sometimes interchangeable with frigates under the Anaxes War College System, medium cruisers between 400 and 500 meters, and heavy cruisers 600 meters and beyond. The latter group is also supplied under a completely separate class under the Anaxes War College System. The alternate designation of battle cruiser was also used for some ships in the same size brackets.
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Star Wars: Complete Locations
- ↑ Starships of the Galaxy (Saga Edition)
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- ↑ Star Wars: Republic Commando
- ↑ Star Wars: Attack of the Clones Incredible Cross-Sections
- ↑ The Rebel Alliance Scrapbook
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 The Essential Guide to Warfare
- ↑ Rebel Alliance Sourcebook
- ↑ Tapani Sector Instant Adventures
- ↑ Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith Incredible Cross-Sections
- Cruiser on Wikipedia