- "As odd as it sounds, my lord, we have also been receiving intelligence from the Crymorah syndicate, which apparently shared some nefarious affiliation with criminal subcontractors who operated Phindar's refueling station."
- ―Harus Ison, Deputy Director of the Imperial Security Bureau, to Emperor Palpatine
In the aftermath of the Battle of Yavin and the destruction of the Empire's superweapon, the Death Star, the Emperor sent his apprentice, Darth Vader, to secure a deal with the Hutts to gain new raw materials for Imperial Military production. After the destruction of Weapons Factory Alpha on Cymoon 1 and the failure of negotiations with the Hutts, the Emperor ruled out opening negotiations with the Crymorah to secure resources and instead ordered Vader to go to Tatooine to negotiate directly with Jabba the Hutt.
After destroying a base of pirates who had been raiding the Empire's supply lines, Vader discovered that the pirates were being backed by the Crymorah and their allies, the Droid Gotra, a band of Separatist-era battle droids who were not deactivated and who were acting against the Empire. Several of these droids were upgraded due to the efforts of droid archeologist Aphra such as two droidekas who were equipped with missile launchers.
In 0 ABY, it was reported by Cynabar's InfoNet that the Crymorah and the Son-tuul Pride had become the latest casualties in Grand General Cassio Tagge's undeclared war on the underworld, though by 4 ABY it had become active again the galaxy.
- Catalyst: A Rogue One Novel (Mentioned only)
- Tarkin (First mentioned)
- Darth Vader 1: Vader (Mentioned only)
- Darth Vader 2: Vader, Part II (Mentioned only)
- Battlefront: Twilight Company (Mentioned only)
- Aftermath (Mentioned only)
- Aftermath: Life Debt (Mentioned only)
- Aftermath: Empire's End (Mentioned only)
- Ultimate Star Wars
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars: The Rebel Files