- «We squashed the smuggling ring a few days ago. But House Thul's got plenty of CryoBan weapons already.»
- ―Aza Gundo mentions the takedown of the smuggling ring.[src]
A smuggling ring delivered CryoBan weapons to the House of Thul on the planet Alderaan while they were backed by the Sith Empire during the Cold War between the Empire and the Galactic Republic. The ring was shut down by Republic forces in 3643 BBY.
The smuggling ring was in operation during the Cold War between the Galactic Republic and the Sith Empire. The ring smuggled illegal CryoBan weapons, including rifles and CryoBan cells, onto the planet of Alderaan for the House of Thul, one of the Great Houses of Alderaan supported by the Sith. The weapons were then used by Thul troops in the Alderaan Civil War against the Republic backed House of Organa. However, the ring was shut down by Republic forces in 3643 BBY, after a Kel Dor private named Aza Gundo became aware of its existence due to connections he had with criminals he knew from before joining the Republic Army. Despite the ring's destruction, a large amount of CryoBan weapons were already in circulation among the troops of House Thul.
Behind the scenesEdit
The ring was first mentioned in the quest "Frozen Assets" in Star Wars: The Old Republic, a 2011 MMORPG released by BioWare. The quest requires players to destroy the CryoBan weapons, and while it is optional, this article assumes players completed the quest in order to achieve 100% game completion.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (First mentioned)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 Star Wars: The Old Republic—Republic Mission: "Frozen Assests" on Alderaan
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Using comments and information from The Old Republic—The Lost Suns 2, The Last Battle of Colonel Jace Malcom, and The Old Republic: Annihilation, it is possible to place the events of the Prologue and Act I for the Jedi Knight, Smuggler, and Trooper classes in Star Wars: The Old Republic in 3643 BBY, the general events of Act II in 3642 BBY, and the events of Act III for all classes in 3641 BBY.