Currency, also referred to as money, was used as a principal medium of exchange within a particular territory, and introduced into circulation by the appropriate regional authority on economic policy. Two main currencies existed in the galaxy: the Republic credit, later becoming the Imperial credit, and the wupiupi, the latter existing almost solely in the Outer Rim Territories.
Various commodities in certain sectors of space were utilized as a makeshift currency. A rare substance, the nova crystal, was bartered so frequently that it was considered a form of currency, especially considering its immense value.
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide
- Star Wars: The Rebel Files
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Ultimate Sticker Collection
- Solo: A Star Wars Story The Official Guide
- Star Wars: Alien Archive - Species Guide
- Star Wars: Geektionary: The Galaxy From A To Z
- Star Wars: Smuggler's Guide