Currency, also referred to as money, was used as a principal medium of exchange within a particular territory, and introduced into circulation by the appropriate regional authority on economic policy. Two main currencies existed in the galaxy: the Republic credit, later becoming the Imperial credit, and the wupiupi, the latter existing almost solely in the Outer Rim Territories.
Various commodities in certain sectors of space were utilized as a makeshift currency. A rare substance, the nova crystal, was bartered so frequently that it was considered a form of currency, especially considering its immense value.
- Star Wars 26: Yoda's Secret War, Part I (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace
- Catalyst: A Rogue One Novel
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "A Death on Utapau"
- Dark Disciple
- "The Voice of the Empire"—Star Wars Insider 170
- Lords of the Sith
- Star Wars 28: Yoda's Secret War, Part III
- "Puffer Problems"—Star Wars Rebels Magazine 21
- "The Gangsters of Galzez"—Star Wars Rebels Magazine 20 (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Rebels – "The Wynkahthu Job"
- "The Misadventures of Triple-Zero and Beetee" (Mentioned only)
- Doctor Aphra 1: Book I, Part I (Mentioned only)
- Doctor Aphra 5: Book I, Part V (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Uprising
- Aftermath: Empire's End
- "True Love"
- Poe Dameron 9: The Gathering Storm, Part II
- Join the Resistance (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Rebels: Rebel Journal by Ezra Bridger
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Star Wars: Poe Dameron: Flight Log
- Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide