- «Is that your Podracer, or are you selling scrap metal?»
- ―Cy Yunga[src]
Cy Yunga was an alien Podracer pilot who was active during the year 32 BBY. Yunga piloted a red and white Podracer during his career, which included at least one race on the Outer Rim planet Tatooine. Yunga's career also spanned to the planet Aquilaris, where Yunga was considered to be one of the crowd favorites for the Sunken City course.
Hailing from an alien species, Cy Yunga was a Podracer pilot during the year 32 BBY. Alongside fellow pilot "Bullseye" Navior, Yunga was viewed as a crowd favorite for the Sunken City race course located on the planet Aquilaris.
At some point during their career, Yunga participated in a race on the Outer Rim planet Tatooine. Yunga's competitors included the Devlikk Wan Sandage, the Gran Mawhonic, the Toong Ben Quadinaros, and Podrace champion Bozzie Baranta.
Personality and traitsEdit
Cy Yunga piloted a Podracer with a red, rocket ship-shaped cockpit and two thin red and white engines with a comet-esque design. The Podracer was fast and agile, yet was frail compared to some of its larger competition.
Behind the scenesEdit
Cy Yunga was created for the video game Star Wars: Episode I Racer as one of the game's playable characters. Rather than appearing on the game's main roster, Yunga was instead treated as a bonus "cheat code" character that could be unlocked with the codes RRCYYUN or RRTANGENTABACUS in the Nintendo 64 version of the game. Upon activation, Cy Yunga completely replaces "Bullseye" Navior, including Navior's records and placement as the track favorite of the Sunken City course. Cy Yunga also makes use of Navior's sound-bytes, and as such Yunga's voice, like Navior's, is provided by Bob Bergen.
Despite only appearing in the Nintendo 64 version of the game, Cy Yunga still appeared in images within Star Wars: Episode I Racer: Prima's Official Strategy Guide, a guide that catered to the other ports of the game. Cy Yunga's in-game model borrows the body from the model of the Glymphid pilot Aldar Beedo, but with a new texture.
- Star Wars: Episode I Racer: Prima's Official Strategy Guide (Picture only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 Star Wars: Episode I Racer
- ↑ The New Essential Chronology dates the events of Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace to the year 32 BBY. The racing season presented in the game Star Wars: Episode I Racer must have taken place during this year due to the appearances of Qui-Gon Jinn, Jar Jar Binks, and R2-D2 on Tatooine, which correspond to The Phantom Menace.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Star Wars: Episode I Racer: Prima's Official Strategy Guide