Cybernetic armor was high-impact armor used by Guavian security soldiers that incorporated segmented gauntlets, flexible armor shin guards, ablative gorget armor, an ammunition pouch, and a utility belt over a red and black jumpsuit. Designed to be worn by cybernetically-enhanced humans, they communicated via high frequency data streams transmitted from the central sensor and broadcasting dish in their faceplates. An arterial chemical shunt worn on the leg acted as a second heart, injecting a secret mixture of chemicals that boost a Guavian's speed and aggressiveness. Cybernetic armor made its user immune to a blaster's stun setting and allowed them to survive in a vacuum and underwater for up to ten minutes. Guavian security soldiers equipped with micro-grenade launchers wore a heavy variant of the armor that offered more protection.
Behind the scenesEdit
Cybernetic armor first appeared in the 2015 film Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens. The design of the armor was based on concept art originally created for the "Jedi Killer," the character who eventually became Kylo Ren.
- Poe Dameron 9: The Gathering Storm, Part II
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens Beginner Game (First identified as cybernetic armor)
- Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens novelization
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: A Junior Novel
- The Force Awakens, Part III
- Han & Chewie Return!
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary
- The Art of Star Wars: The Force Awakens
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Star Wars: The Force Awakens Beginner Game
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens
- ↑ The Art of Star Wars: The Force Awakens