Cybernetics were technological replacements for organic body parts, including eyes, limbs, and in extreme cases the majority of an individual's body, including whole new organ systems. Darth Vader was rebuilt with cybernetic parts by medical droids after having his limbs severed and nearly being burned to death. Luke Skywalker had a cybernetic hand installed to replace the lost appendage after his duel with Darth Vader. The Junkers, a species from the planet Lotho Minor, regularly augmented their bodies with cybernetic enhancements.
Denetrius Vidian once thought of getting cybernetic implants that would give him near-total memory recall, but decided against it; afraid of possibly harming any brain chemistry that gave him his perceived genius.
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars: Aliens of the Galaxy
- Star Wars Propaganda: A History of Persuasive Art in the Galaxy
- Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide
- Darth Vader: Sith Lord
- ; image #23 (of 33)
- (as "mechanical legs")