- "He's more machine now than man, twisted and evil."
- ―Obi-Wan Kenobi describes Darth Vader's cybernetics
A cyborg was any living, organic being, sentient or not, whose body was enhanced with machine parts. Cybernetic augmentation was an invasive process that changed a being's brain functions and physiology in significant ways, so much so that it was usually irreversible.
Cybernetic technology could be used to help repair a body or sustain a life to varying degrees. Luke Skywalker received a cybernetic hand after losing his original hand in a lightsaber duel, while almost the entirety of General Grievous' body was replaced by cybernetic limbs and other body parts. After falling to the dark side and becoming Darth Vader, Anakin Skywalker was severely burned on Mustafar, requiring him to live in a cybernetic suit of armor for the rest of his life. The Zero Angle cantina had a cyborg bartender, Florn.
- (as "robotic body")
- Star Wars: Rey's Survival Guide
- (Set: 75093 Death Star Final Duel)
- Star Wars Propaganda: A History of Persuasive Art in the Galaxy
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia