Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- "One time on Cyborrea, we had to drop from sixteen miles up!"
- ―A Republic rocket-jumper
Cyborrea was a heavy-gravity planet that was located within the galaxy's Hutt Space region, on the hyperlane called the Sisar Run. It was the homeworld of both the sentient Cyborreans and the dog-like nek beasts. Cyborrea was a part of the Hutt Empire around the year 25,100 BBY, with Cyborreans serving in the armies of the Hutt species during that time. More than thirteen millennia later the Galactic Republic sent a battle-fleet toward Cyborrea during one of the Republic's crusades against the Hutts. At some point prior to the conflict known as the Freedon Nadd Uprising, members of the Republic Army's rocket-jumper unit dropped to Cyborrea's surface with rocket packs during a mission to the planet. During the Galactic War between the Republic and the resurgent Sith Empire, the renegade Sith Lords known as the Dread Masters attacked and destroyed entire fleets over Cyborrea using a Force phantom. During the Yuuzhan Vong War, the extra-galactic Yuuzhan Vong invaders attacked the star system Cyborrea was located in.
Cyborrea was a high-gravity planet that was located within the Cyborrea system of the galaxy's Hutt Space region and lay on the hyperlane called the Sisar Run, which connected it to the worlds of Dirha and Sionia. Cyborrea was home to aggressive dog-like creatures known both as neks and Cyborrean Battle Dogs, which were bred and trained on the planet and ensured a wide-spread reputation for their homeworld.
Cyborrea constituted a part of the Hutt Empire around the year 25,100 BBY, when members of Cyborrea's native Cyborrean species served as heavy infantry in the armies of the Hutt military commander Kossak Inijic Ar'durv during the Second Battle of Vontor between Kossak's forces and those of the Tionese warlord Xim. More than thirteen millennia later Cyborrea was no longer a part of the Hutt Space, yet during the Galactic Republic's Third Crusade against the Hutts in 11,939 BBY the Republic still launched a battle-fleet toward the planet. By the year 5000 BBY, the territory surrounding Cyborrea had returned under the control of the Hutts.
At some point before the conflict known as the Freedon Nadd Uprising that happened in 3998 BBY, members of the Republic Army's elite rocket-jumper unit were sent on a mission to Cyborrea. During their assignment, the elite soldiers had to drop to the planet's surface with rocket packs from an altitude of sixteen miles. When the Galactic War broke out between the Republic and the resurgent Sith Empire in the year 3641 BBY, the renegade Sith Lords known as the Dread Masters used a Force phantom to destroy entire fleets over Cyborrea.
The population of Cyborrea around the year 25 ABY ranged from 100 million to 500 million. At some point between 26 ABY and 27 ABY the Cyborrea system was attacked by the military forces of the extra-galactic Yuuzhan Vong species during their conquest of the galaxy, and the star system was held under the control of those invaders until at least 27 ABY. By the time of the Second Galactic Civil War that began in 40 ABY, the Hutts had regained control over the region of space containing Cyborrea, and it remained so by the year 137 ABY.
Cyborrea was the homeworld of the sentient, war-like Cyborrean species. Members of the species often fought each other in local-scale wars and engaged in military drills. At some point during their history, the Cyborreans became a client species of the sentient Hutts and served in their armed forces.
Behind the scenesEdit
Cyborrea was first mentioned in the Dark Empire Sourcebook—a West End Games supplement book that was authored by Michael Allen Horne and published in 1993. The planet later received mentions in several other reference books, which chiefly noted that it was the homeworld of neks. Cyborrea was also mentioned in the Tales of the Jedi audio adaptation that was released in 2005 and received an entry in the 2008 The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia. The Essential Atlas—a reference book co-authored by Jason Fry and Daniel Wallace, and published in 2009—placed the planet in grid square S-9. Cyborrea has more recently been mentioned in Star Wars: The Old Republic, a massively multiplayer online roleplaying game developed by BioWare and released in 2011. The Star Wars Roleplaying Game web supplement The Dark Forces Saga that was published by Wizards of the Coast in 2005 mentioned a disease called the Cyborrean rabies, however no connection between the rabies and Cyborrea has been provided since.
- Dark Empire Sourcebook (First mentioned)
- A Guide to the Star Wars Universe, Second Edition
- Star Wars Miniatures Battles Companion
- A Guide to the Star Wars Universe, Third Edition
- Alien Anthology
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. I, II ("Cyborrea," "nek")
- The Essential Atlas
- Galaxy at War
- The Essential Guide to Warfare
- Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 The Essential Atlas, p. 28
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Secrets of the Sisar Run, p. 19
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 Dark Empire Sourcebook, p. 60
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Star Wars Miniatures Battles Companion, p. 47
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 The Essential Atlas, p. 17
- ↑ The Essential Atlas, p. 117
- ↑ A Guide to the Star Wars Universe, Third Edition, p. 132
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 The Essential Atlas, p. 30
- ↑ The Essential Guide to Warfare, p. 6
- ↑ The Essential Guide to Warfare, p. 22
- ↑ The Essential Guide to Warfare, p. 26
- ↑ The Essential Atlas, p. 127
- ↑ 15.0 15.1 Tales of the Jedi audio drama
- ↑ The New Essential Chronology, p. 14
- ↑ 17.0 17.1 Star Wars: The Old Republic—Operation: "Karagga's Palace"
- ↑ Using comments and information from The Old Republic—The Lost Suns 2, The Last Battle of Colonel Jace Malcom, and The Old Republic: Annihilation, it is possible to place the events of the Prologue and Act I for the Jedi Knight, Smuggler, and Trooper classes in Star Wars: The Old Republic in 3643 BBY, the general events of Act II in 3642 BBY, and the events of Act III for all classes in 3641 BBY.
- ↑ The Essential Atlas, p. 219
- ↑ The Essential Atlas, p. 220
- ↑ The Essential Atlas, p. 225
- ↑ The Essential Atlas, p. 226