|Chronological and political information|
Cygnus Spaceworks was a manufacturer of small craft, such as shuttles and starfighters, primarily of a military nature. Approximately half of Cygnus' designs were merely modifications and upgrades to previously existing craft. After years of producing craft for the Galactic Republic, Cygnus quickly became loyal to the Galactic Empire.
Shortly after the end of the Clone Wars, Sienar Fleet Systems lured away the design team that produced the Theta-class shuttle. Cygnus remained closely linked to Sienar after this, producing the Lambda-class T-4a shuttle and several Lambda derivatives under contract and a number of original designs in cooperation.
Cygnus Spaceworks remained loyal to the Empire even after the rise of the New Republic, although many of the shuttles jointly produced by Cygnus Spaceworks and Sienar Fleet Systems fell into the New Republic's hands.
Behind the scenesEdit
The name of Cygnus Spaceworks apparently originates in the non-canon Book of Imperial Shuttle Plans: Cygnus Spaceworks, published almost a decade before the name was referenced in canon material (in the Star Wars Technical Manual and the computer game TIE Fighter). In Imperial Shuttle Plans, Cygnus Spaceworks was associated with the "Cygnus Star Empire" and a "Cygnus system".
- Darth Bane: Rule of Two (Mentioned only)
- Darth Bane: Dynasty of Evil (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: X-wing (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II (Mentioned only) (In Nemesis-class gunship entry on the Databank)
- Star Wars: Power of the Jedi
- X-Wing: The Official Strategy Guide
- Star Wars Technical Journal (Volume Two)
- The Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels
- Starships of the Galaxy (2001)
- Coruscant and the Core Worlds
- The New Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels
- The Clone Wars: The Visual Guide
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Rebellion Era Campaign Guide
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Incredible Vehicles