The vessel utilized three retractable armament foils with independent power supplies, allowing it to safely use weapons meant for larger vessels. The foils also significantly reduced the ship's profile, allowing it to land or dock in more confining spaces than other ships would be able to use. A surprising number of D5-Mantis patrol craft could, therefore, be tightly packed into carrier ships presenting a nasty surprise to enemy vessels.
The D5-Mantis engineers also made extensive use of a vertically economical interior design to condense and fully utilize space. The vessel's small bulkheads accommodated large, open areas and improved the ease of maintenance.
Behind the scenesEdit
The D5-Mantis Patrol Craft was created as the bounty hunter's class starship for the LucasArts video game Star Wars: The Old Republic. It was first mentioned in the novel The Old Republic: Fatal Alliance, where it was mistakenly referred to as a "Kuat D7".
- The Old Republic: Fatal Alliance (First mentioned) (As "Kuat D7")
- Star Wars: The Old Republic
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Rise of the Hutt Cartel
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Galactic Strongholds
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Shadow of Revan
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Knights of the Fallen Empire
- The Art and Making of Star Wars: The Old Republic
- Star Wars: The Old Republic Explorer's Guide (Picture only)
- Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia