|DH-23 "Outback" blaster pistol|
|Physical and technical specifications|
| Usage and history
The BlasTech Industries DH-23 "Outback" blaster pistol was a highly durable blaster pistol. It was produced as a modified version of the popular DH-17 blaster pistol. The weapon capitalized on the DH-17's success, but despite its increased durability, it never became as successful as its predecessor due to reduced range, strength, and stun capability. DH-23s were available during the reigns of the Galactic Republic, Galactic Empire, and the New Republic.
The DH-23 blaster pistol, known also by the nickname, "Outback blaster pistol," was a small energy weapon designed mainly for durability. A modified version of the popular DH-17 blaster pistol, the DH-23 had an improved heat radiator shroud and a tighter body construction making it far harder to damage or break, although at the cost of reduced range, and strength. Weighing one kilogram, the weapon had a stun setting, although it was less effective than that of the DH-17. The DH-23's maximum firing range was 80 meters, and the pistol could fire 100 shots per power pack.
The DH-23 was produced by BlasTech Industries, in the hope of capitalizing on the huge success of the DH-17; however, the more durable weapon never reached the levels of popularity seen by the original. The DH-23 was sold for 500 credits and was available during the reign of the Galactic Republic, the Galactic Empire and the New Republic. The weapons ownership and use was regulated by local authorities.
Behind the scenesEdit
The DH-23 blaster pistol was first described by authors Jeff Grubb and Owen K.C. Stephens in the Arms & Equipment Guide released by Wizards of the Coast in 2002 for their Star Wars Roleplaying Game. Several Hasbro Inc. action figures have included a silver pistol identical in appearance to the DH-23, including Rum Sleg in 2009 and Ben Quadinaros in 2012. The pistols were not specifically identified on the figures' packaging and neither character has been shown to use a DH-23 in any other source.
- Arms & Equipment Guide (First mentioned)
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 106 (BLA24, DH-17 Blaster Pistol)
- The Clone Wars Campaign Guide
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14 Arms & Equipment Guide, pp. 8–9
- ↑ 2.0 2.1
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 In the Arms & Equipment Guide, the DH-23 had a range increment of eight meters. The maximum range of a weapon from the Arms & Equipment Guide is ten times the range increment listed, unless the entry says otherwise.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 The Clone Wars Campaign Guide, p. 61
- ↑ The Official Star Wars Fact File 106 (BLA24, DH-17 Blaster Pistol)