|DL-18 Blaster Pistol|
| Physical and technical specifications
| Usage and history
- "A DL-Eighteen is barely worth surrendering to."
- ―Tycho Celchu
The DL-18 Blaster Pistol was manufactured by BlasTech Industries. They weighed one kilogram, and the blaster power pack carried one hundred shots. The weapon had a range up to one hundred and twenty meters. DL-18s cost five hundred credits to buy, and replacement power packs retailed for twenty-five credits.
For decades, the DL-18 was one of the galaxy's most prevalent blaster pistols. The basic design was the foundation for several of BlasTech's later designs, and the weapon was versatile to be used in multiple situations. The DL-18's chief competition was Merr-Sonn Munitions, Inc.'s Model 44. The weapons were often modified by their owners. The weapon was considered to be practically disposable due to its inexpensive price.
Officers serving in the Alliance to Restore the Republic, such as Bria Tharen, favored the lighter, sleeker, DL-18s over heavier blaster pistols. The Sith Shadows also favored the weapon. The weapon was also known as a "Mos Eisley Special"—named after the Tatooinian city—due to the fact that it was a common weapon in use amongst the criminals of the settlement. The weapons were common among the guards working for Jabba the Hutt. The gunslinger Longo Two-Guns armed himself with twin DL-18s.
Behind the scenesEdit
The Rebel Alliance Sourcebook and Arms & Equipment Guide both feature incorrect images of the DL-18. The correct image is sometimes referred to informally as a "Skiff guard pistol" and can be seen clearly in Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi.
- Rebel Dawn
- Star Wars: Empire 25: Idiot's Array, Part 2
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided (Identified as D18)
- Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi (First appearance)
- Mara Jade: By the Emperor's Hand 1
- Mara Jade: By the Emperor's Hand 2
- Dark Force Rising
- "Blaze of Glory"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 8
- Shades of Gray
- Legacy of the Force: Fury (Mentioned only)
- Rebel Alliance Sourcebook, First Edition
- Galaxy Guide 9: Fragments from the Rim
- Rebel Alliance Sourcebook, Second Edition
- Galladinium's Fantastic Technology
- Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game, Second Edition, Revised and Expanded
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Jabba's Palace Limited (Card: Mos Eisley Blaster)
- The Far Orbit Project
- Arms & Equipment Guide
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 106 (BLA23-24, DH-17 Blaster Pistol)
- Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 Rebel Alliance Sourcebook, First Edition
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game, Second Edition, Revised and Expanded
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 Arms & Equipment Guide
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 Rebel Alliance Sourcebook, Second Edition
- ↑ Dark Force Rising
- ↑ 6.0 6.1
- ↑ Rebel Dawn
- ↑ Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Jabba's Palace Limited (Card: Mos Eisley Blaster)