The DLC-13 mining droid, also known as the Mustafar panning droid or DLC-13 panning droid, was a mining droid used on Mustafar to extract valuable ores from the lava rivers. The droids were made from heat-resistant carbonite.
Behind the scenesEdit
The DLC-13 mining droid first appeared in the 2005 feature film Revenge of the Sith, the third film in the Prequel trilogy. The droid's backstory was explored in Legends literature like The New Essential Guide to Droids and Star Wars: Complete Locations. A mining droid nicknamed DLC-13 also briefly appeared in the non-Canon LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures episode "The Mines of Graballa", which first premiered on June 21, 2016.
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith (First appearance)
- Star Wars Journeys: Beginnings (First identified as DLC-13 mining droid)
- Star Wars Rebels: Recon Missions
- LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures – "The Mines of Graballa"
- LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures – "Return of the Kyber Saber"
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know (as DLC-13 panning droid)
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia (Picture only)
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know, Updated and Expanded