|DLT-19 heavy blaster rifle|
DLT-19 heavy blaster rifle
|Usage and history|
The DLT-19 was not as popular or as well-known as the standard-issue E-11 blaster rifle, because it took longer to assemble and load. However the DLT-19 was much more powerful and had a much greater range than the E-11 model. The E-11s sniper rifle bore a striking resemblance to this weapon with the addition of a scope. In this configuration it could shoot down swoops, or even light airspeeders.
It was commonly carried by Imperial stormtroopers and army troopers although the bounty hunter 4-LOM was also known to use the weapon. Imperial security details often used the rifle because of its long-range capabilities. It was these capabilities that made it a common sight on Imperial controlled planets with large, clear, open areas, like Tatooine. Chewbacca used a stolen one during the Rescue on Death Star I.
Behind the scenesEdit
The DLT-19 was based on the real-world MG34 machine gun from Germany. The DLT has been painted solid black with added "rails" on the barrel shroud similar to the E-11 blaster.
- "First Impressions"—Star Wars Tales 4
- "The Value of Proper Intelligence to Any Successful Military Campaign is Not to Be Underestimated"—Star Wars Tales 19
- Star Wars: Empire: Princess... Warrior
- Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Empire: To the Last Man
- Star Wars: Empire: The Wrong Side of the War
- Star Wars Rebellion 1: My Brother, My Enemy, Part 1
- Star Wars Rebellion 13: Small Victories, Part 3
- Boba Fett: Overkill
- Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back
- X-wing: Wedge's Gamble
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Premiere Limited (Card: Assault Rifle)
- Inside the Worlds of Star Wars Trilogy