|DLT-19 heavy blaster rifle|
DLT-19 heavy blaster rifle
| Usage and history
The DLT-19 was not as popular or as well-known as the standard-issue E-11 blaster rifle, because it took longer to assemble and load. However the DLT-19 was much more powerful and had a much greater range than the E-11 model. The E-11s sniper rifle bore a striking resemblance to this weapon with the addition of a scope. In this configuration it could shoot down swoops, or even light airspeeders.
It was commonly carried by Imperial stormtroopers and army troopers although the bounty hunter 4-LOM was also known to use the weapon. Imperial security details often used the rifle because of its long-range capabilities. It was these capabilities that made it a common sight on Imperial controlled planets with large, clear, open areas, like Tatooine. Sandtroopers in search of droids that were thought to carry the Death Star plans used these blaster rifles when they found the Millennium Falcon preparing to leave Tatooine. Chewbacca used a stolen one during the Rescue of Princess Leia.
Behind the scenesEdit
The DLT-19 was based on the real-world MG34 machine gun from Germany. The DLT has been painted solid black with added "rails" on the barrel shroud similar to the E-11 blaster.
- "First Impressions"—Star Wars Tales 4
- "The Value of Proper Intelligence to Any Successful Military Campaign is Not to Be Underestimated"—Star Wars Tales 19
- Star Wars: Empire: Princess... Warrior
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope (First appearance)
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided
- Star Wars: Empire: To the Last Man
- Star Wars: Empire: The Wrong Side of the War
- Star Wars: Rebellion 1: My Brother, My Enemy, Part 1
- Star Wars: Rebellion 13: Small Victories, Part 3
- Boba Fett: Overkill
- Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back
- X-Wing: Wedge's Gamble
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Premiere Limited (Card: Assault Rifle)
- Inside the Worlds of Star Wars Trilogy
- "Incoming"—Star Wars Insider 141
- Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook