- "Probe droid. Very unusual… not like anything I've seen before."
- ―Qui-Gon Jinn
The DRK-1 probe was a spherical probe droid capable of floating above the ground. Equipped with a single eye, these droids had a color carapace and were fitted with an antenna rising from their globe-like body.
- "Show me."
- ―Darth Maul commanding one of his DRK-1 probes
The Sith Lord Darth Maul made use of several DRK-1 probes, keeping at least three of the spy droids aboard his personal starship, the Scimitar. He utilized these droids to track down a freighter belonging to the Haddrex Gang on Nar Shaddaa, which led Maul and his bounty hunter compatriots to the hideout of Xev Xrexus in the Drazkel system. There, Maul followed one of his spy droids to the location where Jedi Padawan Eldra Kaitis was imprisoned.
In 32 BBY, Maul launched three probe droids while seeking out Queen Padmé Amidala on Tatooine, and successfully located her Jedi protector, Qui-Gon Jinn. Maul recalled his probes and set out on his speeder, the Bloodfin, to engage Jinn in a lightsaber duel.
- Darth Maul, Part II
- Darth Maul, Part III
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace (First appearance)
- "Probe Droid Problem"
- Star Wars: Commander (First identified as Repair droid)
- (First identified as as Sith seeker)
- Star Wars in 100 Scenes (First identified as DRK-1 probe)
- Star Wars: Ships of the Galaxy
- Ultimate Star Wars (Indirect mention only) (As "probe droids")
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas (Picture only)