|DX-13 blaster pistol|
| Usage and history
The DX-13 blaster pistol was a blaster model carried by bounty hunter Aurra Sing. Unlike common blaster pistol designs, this model featured two individual triggers. The weapons featured both single-shot and rapid fire mode for devastating attacks.
Behind the scenesEdit
It still remains unknown what purpose the dual set of triggers served, but, given the fact that Aurra Sing's fingers are longer than those of usual humanoids, it's possible that the front triggers were used by her simply out of comfort. Aurra Sing was seen using both triggers, rear for single shot at close range (when she killed Commander Ponds by a headshot) and the front one for longer range and in rapid-fire mode.
In the Star Wars Roleplaying Game sourcebook Scum and Villainy, the double trigger upgrade allows someone using a dual-trigger weapon to shoot more accurately when aiming carefully than when using a single-trigger weapon; the first trigger is "safety," taking more pressure to fire the weapon, while the second is a hair trigger that fires from the slightest amount of pressure, leaving less chance to accidentally move the weapon in the process of pulling the trigger.
- Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Republic: Outlander
- Star Wars: Republic: The Hunt for Aurra Sing
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Death Trap"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "R2 Come Home"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Lethal Trackdown"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Assassin"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Hostage Crisis"
- The Phantom Menace Expanded Visual Dictionary (First identified as DX-13 blaster pistol)
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: Force Collection (Card: Aurra Sing (★★))
- Star Wars: Force Collection (Card: Aurra Sing (★★★★))