- "Rise, Sisters. Undead sisters, rise from your sleep. The time has come. Awaken. You have been called upon."
- ―Old Daka's resurrection spell
Daka, also known as Old Daka, was a member of the Nightsisters and a witch of Dathomir. She was killed in 20 BBY during the Clone Wars, when General Grievous of the Confederacy of Independent Systems successfully assaulted and destroyed the Nightsister fortress.
- "Daka! As the oldest and wisest of us, I need you to resurrect our fallen Sisters."
The oldest and wisest of the Nightsisters clan, Old Daka's knowledge of the arcane magicks was unprecedented. She resided in the Nightsister fortress, the settlement of the united covens under Clan Mother Talzin. Her secret lair was the Hidden Cave, a place that could only be entered with a spell.
When the Separatists launched a devastating attack on Dathomir, and the Nightsisters were outnumbered by General Grievous's droid forces, Mother Talzin retreated into the depths of the witches' lair and called upon Old Daka for help. Daka used an ancient incantation to summon the dead from the Nightsisters' graveyard, bolstering their number with zombie hordes.Despite the intervention of Daka's magical aide-de-camp, the Separatist forces ended up outmatching the Sisters. Old Daka was killed by Grievous with a stab through the stomach, resulting in the destruction of every Nightsister Zombie—the spell would only last as long as its caster was active. With Daka's death, the coven had lost one of its most knowledgeable sisters, but Talzin had been able to escape and flee far away on Dathomir, seeking out vengeance.
Powers and abilitiesEdit
Old Daka was considered extremely wise, even by high standards. Her mastering of the Chant of Resurrection ought to have been unique, as even Talzin (though a powerful Shaman of the Nightsisters) asked of her to use the spell against the droid armies. However, Daka wasn't strong enough to defend herself against Grievous and keep the spell active at the same time.
Behind the scenesEdit
The only appearance of the witch Daka to date was in Massacre, the nineteenth episode of the Star Wars: The Clone Wars television series' fourth season, in which the character was introduced and killed off.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Massacre" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes (Non-canonical appearance)
- "10 Amazing Moments from Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Season Four"—Star Wars Insider 134
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars Annual 2013
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Episode Guide