- "You never know where those dancing Balinaka will show up!"
A trio of Balinaka dancers performed on planet Tatooine around 32 BBY. Those Balinaka artists from the icy world of Garnib danced at the podracers' hovel, performing a chorus-line routine on stage.
Behind the scenesEdit
The Balinaka were introduced as comical background characters in Star Wars: Anakin's Speedway, a children's video game released by Lucas Learning in 2000. It was Maryn Roos, the Lead Artist on the project, who chose to include the bear-like beings into the game after discovering them in old West End Games material for Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game.
- Star Wars: Anakin's Speedway (First appearance)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 Star Wars: Anakin's Speedway
- ↑ During the events of Star Wars: Anakin's Speedway, the young Anakin Skywalker still lives on Tatooine and wears his slave outfit, but he already knows Padmé Amidala. This implies the events of the game happened shortly before the Boonta Eve podrace.
- ↑ Planets of the Galaxy, Volume One
- ↑ Maryn Roos (July 27, 2012). day 26: the baroness. Blog O' the Baroness 2.0. Retrieved on September 13, 2012.