The Dantooine Express StarSpeeder 1000 was a modified StarSpeeder 1000 spacecraft used by interstellar travel agency Star Tours to operate flights bound for the Outer Rim planet Dantooine prior to 0 BBY. This starship was painted red and white, with a large Aurebesh letter Dorn and smaller aurebesh letters Aurek, Besh, and Grek. It was named after both the planet as well as Dantooine Express, a separate spaceliner company from Star Tours that specialized in more ecological-based tours and was a fellow member of the Galactic Tourist Bureau.
The ship was equipped with hyperdrive and shielding systems, two flash cannons and two laser cannons; it was crewed by a pilot, a green-colored astromech droid and a systems analyst. It could support up to 40 passengers.
Behind the scenesEdit
The Dantooine Express StarSpeeder 1000 was first introduced on The Walt Disney Company website in 2011 as a papercraft model. The speeder was also released in the same year in a set of diecast toys, the StarSpeeder 1000 Spaceliner Collection.
According to a Star Tours: The Adventures Continue poster sign, only Star Tours flew StarSpeeder 1000s, which confirms Star Tours ownership of this vessel. The Japanese version, however, indicated that it was part of a separate company which was affiliated with Star Tours via the Galactic Tourist Bureau.
- Star Wars: Star Tours (toy line) (First appearance)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Star Tours StarSpeeder Fleet. Star Tours Adventures at Disneyland.com. Retrieved on January 4, 2013.
- ↑ 2.00 2.01 2.02 2.03 2.04 2.05 2.06 2.07 2.08 2.09 2.10 2.11 Star Wars: Star Tours (toy line) (cf. Starspeeder 1000 (Vehicle Playset). JediTempleArchives.com. Retrieved on January 4, 2013.)
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 Star Tours: The Adventures Continue
- ↑ Knights of the Old Republic Campaign Guide
- ↑ Star Tours: The Adventures Continue (cf. IMG_0659 in EndorExpress Database)
- Star Tours StarSpeeder Fleet. Star Tours Adventures at Disneyland.com.