|Dark Empire: The Collector's Edition|
Warner Audio Video Entertainment
| General information
Dark Empire: The Collector's Edition was a five CD-ROM boxed set collection by Warner Audio Video Entertainment featuring adaptations of the Dark Empire comic franchise. The set collected both the Dark Empire and Dark Empire II audio dramas along with an exclusive adaptation of the Empire's End comic series as a bonus. The adaptations were full cast audio dramas adapted by John Whitman, who also served as creative director, and directed by Arthur G. Insana. They featured parts of composer John Williams' classic score along with authentic stereo sound effects. Russell Burt served as sound designer and the audio content was recorded at West Valley Studios in Chatsworth, CA.
Dark Empire The fight for freedom rages on as a reborn Empire—guided by a mysterious new leader—strikes back against the Rebel Alliance. But the Rebels discover that their greatest foe may be their closest friend: Luke Skywalker!
Dark Empire II Luke Skywalker and the Rebel Alliance face a terrible new threat as a group of "Dark Jedi" fulfill the Emperor's final mission: Operation Shadow Hand, a devastating plan carried out by the deadliest dark side mind of all!
Cast and crewEdit
Audioplay by: John Whitman
Music by: John Williams
Produced and directed by: Arthur G. Insana
- John Cygan as Luke Skywalker, Wedge Antilles, Vill Goir, Okko, Darth Vader and Umak Leth
- Joe Hacker as Han Solo, Boba Fett, Empatojayos Brand and Lo Khan
- Ann Patricio as Princess Leia and Mon Mothma
- Nick Jameson as Emperor Palpatine and Beltane
- Jim Ward as C-3PO, Kam Solusar and Sedriss QL
- Glynnis Talken as Salla Zend, Vima-Da-Boda and Jem Ysanna
- Billy Dee Williams as Lando Calrissian
Notes and referencesEdit