Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- "Meck, back on that Rebel base I wasn't a hero. In fact I could've greased more Rebels. Instead I let them go. Now I find out that Rebels murdered my father, you know how that makes me feel? I saved them, they kill my father? I wish I'd wiped them all out, and if I get the chance again I will. I swear I will."
- ―Kyle Katarn to Meck Odom
Dark Forces: Soldier for the Empire was an audio drama adapted by John Whitman, based on material covered in the book of the same title written by William C. Dietz. It was made to bridge the events in video games series Star Wars: Dark Forces and Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II. The performance was directed by Peter Moore and featured a score by veteran Star Wars composer John Williams.
After learning what happened to his father, Kyle Katarn tells Jan Ors, the Rebel agent whom he allowed to escape from Imperial captivity, that he has changed his mind about serving the Empire. Before he can put any more thought into his defection, however, he discovers that he's being watched—and so is Jan. Kyle throws his lot in with the Rebels as they make a hasty escape from the cruise ship, Star of Empire, and soon finds himself wanted by the Empire. Jan takes him to meet Mon Mothma, a Rebel leader who assigns him to what may very well be a suicide mission. Kyle is ordered to infiltrate an Imperial research facility and steal the plans to the Empire's next doomsday weapon, a mobile space station called the Death Star. Mon Mothma also assigns Jan Ors to provide Kyle with backup. Unbeknownst to him, Jan has secret orders: in the event that Kyle shows any sign of being an Imperial double agent, she is to execute him before he can betray them.
As the story is split into two parts, there are also two opening crawls.
|Organizations and titles||Sentient species||Vehicles and vessels||Weapons and technology||Miscellanea|
Organizations and titles
Vehicles and vessels
Weapons and technology
Cast and CrewEdit
Audioplay by: John Whitman
Produced by: Tom Voegeli Productions
Music by: John Williams
Directed by: Peter Moore
- Randal Berger as Kyle Katarn
- Christopher Bloch as Rosco Ross
- Virginia Burke as Courier
- James Cada as Sergeant Major Hong
- David Chase as Morgan Katarn
- Mo Collins as Jan Ors
- Patrick Coyle as Nathan Donar
- Bob Davis as Skorg Jameson and Lando Calrissian
- Chris Forth as Mon Mothma
- Gary Groomes as Governor Donar and Major Horst
- Allen Hamilton as Jerec
- Ken Hiller as Narrator
- Peter Moore as Meck Odom and Slyder
- Tim Russell as Captain Thrawn, A-Cee and General Mohc