The Dark Jedi Conflict took place from 188 BBY to 181 BBY in the Cularin system. In 188 BBY, Padawan Kibh Jeen was affected by the Sith fortress on the planet Almas and fell to the dark side of the Force. The fortress' influence caused Jeen to betray and murder his Master, Qornah. Jeen forced the pirates of the system's asteroid belt to become his slaves, setting the stage for the battle. He began with a ruthless attack on the floating cities of Genarius.
Kibh Jeen became one of the first to discover that the Sith had survived the Seventh Battle of Ruusan, and now hid themselves away from the galaxy's notice by observing Darth Bane's Rule of Two. Although Jeen's "mad rantings" were dismissed by the Jedi, they would later regret their "lack of faith."
Seen as too dangerous to be left alive, the Jedi Council sent a Jedi Knight and her Padawan to hunt down and kill their former compatriot. They gathered an armada formed of ships from the system's various settlements and companies, which they used to crush the pirate fleet. In 181 BBY, they succeeded in resolving the danger, but were forced to slay Jeen in the process.
- Star Wars: Darth Plagueis (Mentioned only)
- "Depths of Dorumaa" (Mentioned only)
- "Desert Cries" (Mentioned only)
- Living Force Campaign Guide (First mentioned)
- "Q&A"—Star Wars Insider 92
- Jedi vs. Sith: The Essential Guide to the Force
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia (See Jeen, Kibh)