|Chronological and political information|
Darra Thel-Tanis, also known as Darra Haariden, was a female Human Jedi Padawan of Master Soara Antana in the waning years of the Galactic Republic. In 27 BBY she and her master joined fellow Jedi Masters Obi-Wan Kenobi with his Padawan Anakin Skywalker, Siri Tachi with Ferus Olin, and Ry-Gaul with Tru Veld on a mission to the planet Radnor, where some deadly toxins were accidentally released into the atmosphere. The Jedi were briefed and tasked by the Jedi Council to aid the evacuation of the surviving Radnorans from the Twin Cities Tacto and Aubendo.
A Human female, Thel-Tanis was taken to the Jedi Temple on the planet Coruscant due to her being Force-sensitive. There, she was to be trained as a Jedi Knight. Around 27 BBY she was taken as an apprentice by the Jedi Master Soara Antana, who was famous for her skill with a lightsaber.
With her Master, Darra accompanied Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi on missions to worlds such as Radnor and Haariden. On the mission to Haariden, Thel-Tanis was badly injured, after being shot in the thigh with a blaster. During her recovery she developed a friendship with Skywalker. At some point before 24 BBY, Thel-Tanis was sent together with Skywalker on a mission to Norah, where she was wounded again.
She also served on a escorting mission to Nuralee in 24 BBY. The next year, Thel-Tanis and her Master once again accompanied Skywalker and Kenobi, as well as two other Jedi pairs (Siri Tachi with Ferus Olin and Ry-Gaul with Tru Veld) to Korriban to stop Granta Omega and Jenna Zan Arbor. During this mission, influenced by the dark side energies of the planet, the apprentices started to argue rather than work as a team. The situation was aggravated when Tru Veld asked Ferus Olin to fix his lightsaber, which Anakin Skywalker had worked on before they left the Temple. Unfortunately, not being aware of Anakin Skywalker's repairs to Tru Veld's lightsaber, Ferus Olin's repairs led the lightsaber to drain power faster. This made the confrontation in Granta Omega deadly. Ferus Olin saw that Tru Veld's lightsaber was shorting out and quickly switched lightsabers with him, but Granta Omega sneaked around behind Ferus Olin. Seeing that Ferus Olin was in trouble Darra Thel-Tanis jumped toward them, determined to save Ferus Olin. Granta Omega shot her in the chest with his KYD-21 blaster pistol. As she cried, Soara Antana unwound Darra's padawan braid. Her death deeply saddened her fellow Padawans. Olin blamed himself for her death and left the Jedi Order after this mission due to guilt, but not before becoming more amicable with fellow Padawan Tru Veld.
Personality and traitsEdit
Behind the scenesEdit
Darra Thel-Tanis was created by the author Jude Watson and first appeared in her young readers novel, Jedi Quest: The Way of the Apprentice. She remained a major character in the series and was killed in the final issue, Jedi Quest: The Final Showdown.
- Jedi Quest: The Way of the Apprentice (First appearance)
- Jedi Quest: The Master of Disguise
- Jedi Quest: The Changing of the Guard (Mentioned only)
- Jedi Quest: The False Peace
- Jedi Quest: The Final Showdown
- The Last of the Jedi: The Desperate Mission (Mentioned only)
- The Last of the Jedi: Underworld (Mentioned only)
- The Last of the Jedi: Reckoning (Mentioned only)
- Rebel Force: Renegade (Mentioned only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 The Essential Reader's Companion
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 3.6 3.7 3.8 Jedi Quest: The Way of the Apprentice
- ↑ The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. II, p. 4 ("Haariden, Darra")
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Jedi Quest: The Master of Disguise
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 Jedi Quest: The False Peace
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Jedi Quest: The Final Showdown