- "Henceforth, you shall be known as Darth… Vader."
- ―Darth Sidious, upon making Anakin Skywalker his new apprentice
Darth was a title given to the Dark Lords of the Sith Order, which preceded a moniker different from the birth name. It roughly translated to "Dark Lord." The Sith names of Sheev Palpatine, Count Dooku, and Anakin Skywalker were Darth Sidious, Darth Tyranus, and Darth Vader, respectively.
The title was already in use about a millennium before the Clone Wars, when Darth Bane established the Rule of Two. In at least two known cases (that of Count Dooku and Anakin Skywalker), the Darth title and the accompanying moniker were bestowed onto the Sith apprentice by the master.
- Star Wars Epic Yarns: A New Hope
- Star Wars Epic Yarns: The Empire Strikes Back
- Star Wars Epic Yarns: Return of the Jedi
- LEGO Star Wars: Droid Tales Episodes I-III (Appears as Force spirit and in flashbacks)
- (Set: 75093 Death Star Final Duel)
- Star Wars: The Story of Darth Vader
- Star Wars: ABC-3PO
- Backstories: Star Wars – Princess Leia: Royal Rebel
- Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide
- Star Wars: On the Front Lines
- Star Wars Made Easy: A Beginner's Guide to a Galaxy Far, Far Away
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1
- ↑ Star Wars Propaganda: A History of Persuasive Art in the Galaxy
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Sacrifice"
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2
- ↑ Star Wars Made Easy: A Beginner's Guide to a Galaxy Far, Far Away
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back