- "Henceforth, you shall be known as Darth… Vader."
- ―Darth Sidious, upon making Anakin Skywalker his new apprentice
Darth was a title given to the Dark Lords of the Sith Order, which preceded a moniker different from the birth name. The Sith names of Sheev Palpatine, Dooku and Anakin Skywalker were Darth Sidious, Darth Tyranus and Darth Vader, respectively.
The title was already in use about one millennium before the Clone Wars, when Darth Bane created the Rule of Two. In at least two known cases, that of Dooku and Anakin Skywalker, the Darth title and the accompanying moniker were bestowed onto the Sith apprentice by the master.
- Epic Yarns: A New Hope
- Epic Yarns: The Empire Strikes Back
- Epic Yarns: Return of the Jedi
- LEGO Star Wars: Droid Tales Episodes I-III (Appears as Force spirit and in flashbacks)
- (Set: 75093 Death Star Final Duel)
- Star Wars: The Story of Darth Vader
- Star Wars: ABC-3PO
- Backstories: Star Wars – Princess Leia: Royal Rebel
- Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1
- ↑ Star Wars Propaganda: A History of Persuasive Art in the Galaxy
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Sacrifice"
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back