Darth Sidious's lightsabers were the pair of nearly identical personal electrum-finish lightsabers of Darth Sidious, built during his apprenticeship under Darth Plagueis. Sidious rarely used his weapons—only doing so when absolutely necessary—as they would have immediately identified him as a Sith Lord. Instead, he preferred to exercise his powers of manipulation and used servants to carry out his hidden agenda.
Darth Sidious had discerning tastes, which was reflected in his lightsabers. They were constructed from nearly indestructible phrik with a flat aurodium blade emitter, and all finished with electrum. The weapons utilized a Kyber crystal at their cores.
Near the end of the Clone Wars, Palpatine fought against Jedi Masters Mace Windu, Kit Fisto, Saesee Tiin and Agen Kolar. He slew Kolar, Tinn and Fisto easily, but had an extended confrontation with Windu. The Jedi guided the battle towards the bay window of Palpatine's office and out onto the wind-blown ledge outside. Windu disarmed the Sith Lord with a surgically precise kick to the face, throwing Palpatine off-balance and causing the Sith Lord to drop his lightsaber as he flailed for purchase. The lightsaber fell out the window into the seemingly bottomless streets and alleyways of Coruscant below just before Skywalker showed up. Consequentially, it also forced him to rely only on one lightsaber.
After Obi-Wan Kenobi and Yoda realized what had happened, Yoda went to face the Emperor personally at the Senate Building, while Kenobi headed off to kill Darth Vader. Yoda surprised Palpatine, who told him that his arrogance blinded him and that his apprentice would be more powerful than both of them. Yoda answered Palpatine that his faith in Vader was a mistake along with his faith in the dark side. Yoda dueled Sidious, who had already retrieved his other weapon and placed it in his sleeve. The duel brought them to the Galactic Senate Chamber, the heart of the Senate. Sidious hurled Senate pods at Yoda, and the effort to avoid them exhausted the Jedi Master. Sidious then blasted Yoda with Force lightning, but with the last of his strength the Jedi Master repelled it enough to send both himself and Sidious over the pod's edge. Palpatine was able to hold on to a senate pod, while Yoda fell to the senate floor, leaving only his cloak. With Bail Organa's help, Yoda fled the Senate Building and would go into exile.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Lawless"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Voices" (Vision to Yoda)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Sacrifice" (Vision to Yoda)
- Darth Maul—Son of Dathomir, Part Four
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith (First appearance)
- Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith 1: The Chosen One, Part I
- Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith 5: The Chosen One, Part V (Vision to Darth Vader)
- Lords of the Sith
- LEGO Star Wars: Droid Tales – "Crisis on Coruscant" (Appears in flashback(s))
- LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens
- Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 Ultimate Star Wars
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 . "No, the synthetic crystal thing is Legends. Maul. Sidious. Vader. All those were kyber crystals."
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Lawless"
- ↑ Lords of the Sith