- "Open fire!"
- ―A rebel soldier after witnessing Darth Vader's lightsaber ignite
Darth Vader's lightsaber was the personal dual-phase lightsaber of Darth Vader, a Sith Lord who served as the third and final apprentice of Darth Sidious and supreme military commander of the Galactic Empire. He built the weapon some time after his fall to the Dark side of the Force at the end of the Clone Wars. It replaced the one he lost during his duel with Obi-Wan Kenobi on Mustafar.
Because of the modifications Vader made to his lightsaber over the years, its exterior also changed, somewhat, in appearance. After his accession to Sith Lord, Vader was known to draw his lightsaber when facing Jedi, but also against other opponents, even though he sometimes preferred to use the Force to dispatch lesser victims.
The lightsaber would go on to destroy Obi-Wan Kenobi and cut off the hand of his son, Luke Skywalker. During their confrontation on the second Death Star, Luke would return the favor, cutting off the hand of Darth Vader. The lightsaber then fell into the same energy well in which Palpatine perished.
- Epic Yarns: A New Hope
- Epic Yarns: The Empire Strikes Back
- Epic Yarns: Return of the Jedi
- William Shakespeare's Star Wars
- William Shakespeare's The Empire Striketh Back
- William Shakespeare's The Jedi Doth Return
- LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures – "Zander's Joyride"
- LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures – "Return of the Kyber Saber"
- LEGO Star Wars: Droid Tales – "Mission to Mos Eisley" (Appears in flashback(s))
- LEGO Star Wars: Droid Tales – "Flight of the Falcon" (Appears in flashback(s))
- LEGO Star Wars: Droid Tales – "Gambit on Geonosis" (Appears in flashback(s))
- LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens
- Ultimate Star Wars (First identified as Darth Vader's lightsaber)
- (Set: 75093 Death Star Final Duel)
- Star Wars Rebels (Set: 75150 Vader's TIE Advanced and A-Wing Starfighter)
- Star Wars: ABC-3PO
- Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide
- Backstories: Star Wars – Darth Vader: Sith Lord