Olive green, dark gray, or black
Orange, red, or black
Biology and appearanceEdit
Dashade were tall reptilians with dark skin, lamprey-like mouths, and powerful claws. In addition to their partial Force-resistance, they were resistant to radiation. They also had an ability to dissipate heat which made them hard to detect using standard life-form sensors.
Society and cultureEdit
Thanks to their Force-immunity, Dashade warriors easily found employment as combat instructors for the Jedi and assassins for the Sith. They also used their natural abilities to their advantage as elite assassins, mercenaries, and among similar professions.
Some common Dashade names were Alaris Koth, Nos Kellex, Tel Sorath, and Tessun Kel.
The Dashade homeworld, Urkupp, was destroyed when the Cron Drift supernova exploded during the Great Sith War, wiping out the vast majority of the Dashade. Though they were rendered nearly extinct, remnant populations were seen sporadically for millennia.
One survivor of the destruction of Urkupp was Snar Extruct, a warrior who befriended the Jedi Master, Skarch Vaunk. Extruct moved to the Jedi Temple on Coruscant, becoming the sparring partner of Vaunk.
Thirty-eight Dashade Shadow Killers, retainers of a Falleen royal house, were among the off-world survivors. In order to preserve these elite warriors, they were placed in cryogenic suspension, to be revived one at a time when needed for special assignments. The Dashade Khem Val, a former servant of the ancient Dark Lord of the Sith Tulak Hord survived on Korriban during the Cold War. By the time of the Galactic Civil War, only one known Dashade remained, Ket Maliss. Prince Xizor, a descendant of the royals who had passed the Dashade down over the generations, inherited this warrior and made him an assassin for Black Sun.
There was also evidence that Dashade mercenaries participated in the Great Jedi Purge.
Theories existed that Dashade colonies founded before Urkupp's destruction may have existed. New Republic Security became concerned that these lost colonies may have started working for the Imperial Remnant and in the criminal underworld. To assuage their fears, they dispatched a number of spacers to scout uninhabited star systems close to novas, supernovas, highly charged gas clouds, and even tide-locked worlds from binary star systems. They supplied ships and a mobile HoloNet transceiver to aid them. It is unclear what discoveries were made from these endeavors.
Behind the scenesEdit
Ket Maliss may or may not appear in the Cantina scene in A New Hope. Decipher, the creators of Star Wars Customizable Card Game claim they took the picture from the scene in A New Hope,[source?] while the Databank claims that he only appears in the Holiday Special's Cantina scene, and that a photo was digitally manipulated for his card to make him appear to be in A New Hope's scene.
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic: Destroyer
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 48: Demon, Part 2
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 49: Demon, Part 3
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic: War 1
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic: War 3
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic: War 5
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Old Republic
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Rise of the Hutt Cartel
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Galactic Starfighter
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Galactic Strongholds
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Shadow of Revan
- HoloNet News Vol. 531 55 (content now unavailable; backup links 1 2 on Archive.org) (Picture only) —
- The Clone Wars: The Fall of Falleen
- The Star Wars Holiday Special (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Legacy 2: Broken, Part 2
- Star Wars: Legacy 46: Monster, Part 4
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Premiere Limited (Card: Ket Maliss)
- Secrets of the Sisar Run
- Alien Anthology
- Ultimate Alien Anthology
- Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords: Prima Official Game Guide
- The New Essential Guide to Droids
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Star Wars Galaxies Trading Card Game – Champions of the Force (Card: Finding a Weakness) (Picture only)
- Galaxy at War
- The Jedi Path: A Manual for Students of the Force
- The Art and Making of Star Wars: The Old Republic
- Star Wars: The Old Republic Explorer's Guide
- Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia