Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Data goggles were, to exterior appearances, simple eye-goggles that provided the wearer with real-time holographic displays within the eyecups. However, these goggles also included a cybernetic implant that provided the user with direct access to the starship's Central Control Computer. This meant pilots could literally activate shipboard systems with a thought. These goggles also included a disk-shaped comlink that fit over the wearer's mouth.
Notable wearers of data goggles include the navigator of the Revenue, as well as Tey How and Sil Unch, who respectively served aboard the Saak'ak and the Vuutun Palaa used at the Battle of Naboo. Since the Neimoidian designers jealously guarded the schematics, data goggles were rarely used among non-Neimoidians.
Behind the scenesEdit
Data goggles first appeared in 1999 with the release of Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace and its tie-ins. In the reference book Inside the Worlds of Star Wars: Episode I, the data goggles were referred to as "datagoggles."
- Cloak of Deception
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace (First appearance)
- Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace PhotoComic
- Star Wars Manga: The Phantom Menace
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones
- Deep Forest
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Storm Over Ryloth"
- Inside the Worlds of Star Wars: Episode I
- Secrets of Naboo
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 123 (DAT1-2, Data Goggles)
- The New Essential Guide to Weapons and Technology
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia