Thirty-two years before the Battle of Yavin, a mysterious and malevolent Dark Lord of Sith called Darth Sidious conspired with the Federation, and Dofine became one of his three principal Neimoidian collaborators, along with Viceroy Nute Gunray and Settlement Officer Rune Haako. Sidious arranged for the Federation to blockade and invade the peaceful planet of Naboo in protest over increased taxation from the Senate. According to the plan, Dofine was at the helm of the Saak'ak, the Lucrehulk-class Droid Control Ship that served as the Federation's flagship. The captain led a month-long blockade that left the fragile planet starved and ill-supplied.
Eventually, the democratic union known as the Galactic Republic dispatched ambassadors to the Saak'ak in an attempt to resolve was looked like a mere trade dispute gone awry. However, when said ambassadors were revealed to be the Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn and his Padawan Obi-Wan Kenobi, Dofine panicked. Suddenly doubting Darth Sidious's plan, the captain boldly told the Sith Lord that his scheme was finished if the Jedi were involved. Although he was verbally reprimanded by Sidious for speaking out of turn, Dofine nevertheless remained in command of the blockade's forces for the remainder of the operation.
When the blockade was complete, the Neimoidians were ready to initiate the next phase of Sidious' plan: invading and occupying Naboo. In order to do so, Dofine transferred from the Saak'ak to another Droid Control Ship, one that contained legions of B1 battle droids. It was he who gave the order to activate the ship's droids, unleashing a mechanical army on the surface of Naboo. Dofine later perished aboard the Control Ship when the starfighters of the Nabooan Bravo Flight blew up the vessel.
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know (Picture only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 screenshot)—The tweet in question refers to the number of in-universe years between the canon films and television shows. Using simple math, it can be deduced when The Phantom Menace takes place on the timeline. . “0 10 10-13 13 27 32 35 36” (
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 2.7 2.8 Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace
- ↑ 3.0 3.1
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2
- ↑ Star Wars Journeys: The Phantom Menace