Davan Marak was a dark-skinned humanoid scavenger who was active in Niima Outpost on the desert planet Jakku. In the year 34 ABY, Marak was approaching Niima on foot when the outpost came under attack by the First Order military faction, who were searching for the astromech droid BB-8. Marak wore a scavenger's apron over a black shirt along with white boots and a sun-shielding sedge hat.
Behind the scenesEdit
Davan Marak first appeared in the film Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens, which was released in North America on December 18, 2015. The character was not identified in the film, but received a name in Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary, a reference book written by Pablo Hidalgo and released in conjunction with the film. Despite Marak clearly being shown to have dark skin in the dictionary, the LEGO model for the character in the non-canon video game LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens has fair skin. The character's clothing is also far lighter in color.
- Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary (First identified as Davan Marak)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens Beginner Game (Picture only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens
- ↑ Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the events of Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens, including Davan Marak's appearance, to 34 ABY.
- ↑ LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens