| Biographical information
|Star Wars work|
|Other works of note|
- "When Revenge of the Sith was over, I found myself in the incredible position of carrying the torch forward."
- ―Dave Filoni
Dave Filoni is the director of the Star Wars: The Clone Wars feature film, and the supervising director of the Star Wars: The Clone Wars TV series. Never intending to become an actor in the series, he provided a voiced bit part for Embo, a character that was intended to be killed off at the end of the seventeenth episode of the second season, "Bounty Hunters". However, due to the popularity of the character, the episode was re-shot, allowing Embo to live with the potential to resurface later. Filoni is also an executive producer on the following TV series, Star Wars Rebels.
Filoni grew up in Mt. Lebanon, Pennsylvania. While attending Mt. Lebanon High School, Filoni was in the school's marching band as well as player goaltender for the hockey team. He went on to attend Edinboro University.
Career with Star Wars
- "I always get worried about disrupting continuity. I seem to get blamed for that a lot."
- ―Dave Filoni
Filoni made an appearance at Celebration IV on Sunday, May 28, 2007 with producer Catherine Winder in the Celebration Theater (Room 408AB), to discuss the beginnings of the new television series and reveal how The Clone Wars was being created. He also drew the covers of several Clone Wars comics, such as Star Wars: The Clone Wars 1: Slaves of the Republic - Chapter 1: The Mystery of Kiros, Star Wars: The Clone Wars 7: In Service of the Republic, Part 1 and Star Wars: The Clone Wars: The Sith Hunters.
During San Diego Comic Con 2014, Filoni admitted that he knew about contradicting the Expanded Universe by establishing The Clone Wars as canon. In his defense, he said that they still included the Expanded Universe things when they could.
Dave Filoni's office, as seen in the extra features on the Star Wars: The Clone Wars DVD, is filled with Plo Koon paraphernalia. He has a bust of Plo Koon's head, a model of Plo Koon's ship, an autographed portrait by the actor who played Plo Koon, a replica of Plo Koon's lightsaber on his desk, and his personal Plo Koon costume on display. Filoni also has a notebook-sized planner on his desk with Plo Koon's picture taped to the outside. Filoni also has a small model of the character Appa on his desk, from Avatar: The Last Airbender. He is also a fan of the Pittsburgh Penguins, Pittsburgh Steelers and Pittsburgh Pirates.
Star Wars voice work
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Bounty Hunters" (Embo)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Box" (Embo/Jakoli)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Crisis on Naboo" (Embo)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Eminence" (Embo/Black Sun leader #2)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Shades of Reason" (Enforcer/Tour Guide Droid)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "To Catch a Jedi" (Spots Podal)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "An Old Friend" (Embo)
Star Wars directing work
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Rising Malevolence"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Cloak of Darkness"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Lethal Trackdown"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Clone Cadets"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Padawan Lost"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Wookiee Hunt"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "A Friend in Need"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "A War on Two Fronts"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Wrong Jedi"
- Star Wars Rebels – "The Machine in the Ghost"
- Star Wars Rebels – "Property of Ezra Bridger"
- Star Wars Rebels – "Path of the Jedi"
- Star Wars Rebels – "Fire Across the Galaxy"