David W. Collins worked for LucasArts as the lead sound designer and voice director with the video game division of the company, and also served as an actor and voice actor for the company.
Collins graduated from Whitworth College (Spokane, WA) in 1997 with a double major of theatre and music and a minor in English. Collins then attended Berklee College of Music (Boston, MA) where he studied music production and engineering, drum set and conducting. In addition to working for LucasArts, he once served as contemporary music director at the Presbyterian Church of Novato in California.
Collins' most prominent Star Wars voice roles include PROXY, the droid sidekick of Galen Marek (who was portrayed by Sam Witwer) in the video game Star Wars: The Force Unleashed. In the same game, he provided the voice of a holographic Darth Maul. He has also performed General Grievous, albeit uncredited, in the video games Star Wars Battlefront: Renegade Squadron and Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron. In Elite Squadron, he also reprised his role as the voice of Darth Maul as well as both General Grievous and the battle droids, roles he performed in the video game adaption of Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith, Star Wars: Battlefront II, Star Wars Battlefront: Renegade Squadron, and Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron.
Collins has served as a host at Star Wars Celebrations IV, V, and VI. At Celebration VI in August 2012, he was inducted as an honorary member of the 501st Legion. He also performed the role of Han Solo in the live performance of Smuggler's Gambit, an original radio-style drama exclusive to the event.
Star Wars voice workEdit
- Star Wars: Demolition – (voice processing)
- Star Wars: Obi-Wan – (sound designer)
- Star Wars: Starfighter – (sound designer)
- Star Wars: Jedi Starfighter – (sound designer)
- Star Wars: Bounty Hunter – (sound designer)
- Star Wars: Battlefront – Briefings Officer
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords – Additional Voices
- Star Wars: Republic Commando – Trandoshans, Trando Multi-Player Announcer, Clone Trooper Sergeant, Republic Voices, Radio Chatter (was also the sound designer)
- Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith – Battle Droid, Wat Tambor, Poggle the Lesser, Nute Gunray (was also the voice director)
- Star Wars: Battlefront II – Confederate Infantry, Confederate Officer, Droid Alarm (was also the voice director)
- LEGO Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy – Additional voice (was also sound editor)
- Star Wars: Empire at War: Forces of Corruption – Imperial officer 2, additional doices
- Star Wars Battlefront: Renegade Squadron - General Grievous, Battle droids
- Star Wars: The Force Unleashed – PROXY, Darth Maul (PROXY's guise)
- Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron – Darth Maul, General Grievous, Battle droids (also the audio lead)
- Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II – PROXY and Training Droids
- Smuggler's Gambit – Han Solo
- David W. Collins at the Star Wars Actors Database