- "There will be no extraction. You find him? You kill him…those are your orders."
- ―General Davits Draven to Captain Cassian Andor
Davits Draven was a human male who served as a general in the Alliance to Restore the Republic during the Galactic Civil War. He was stationed at the Great Temple of Massassi on the moon Yavin 4 when Jyn Erso was given the task of stealing the Death Star plans by Mon Mothma, a leader of the Rebel Alliance. Extraction Team Bravo, the team responsible for Jyn's break out of a labor camp on the planet Wobani, was under Draven's command.
During the Clone Wars, Draven served in the Galactic Republic's military Intelligence. During this time, he never met any of the Jedi Generals in command of the Clone Army. Draven routinely worked with the Republic's strategists, fleet commanders, and other officers that would become part of the Empire's Military.
Age of the EmpireEdit
- "That is one of General Draven's ships. That means it has enormous significance to the Rebellion."
- ―Unidentified Rebel admiral
Meeting and speaking with her, Draven was not impressed with her defiance. After the briefing, he sent a notice to Mon Mothma strongly urging that she reconsider involving Erso in the mission. In Draven's mind, Erso was a Rebel deserter and a criminal who showed no loyalty to anyone except herself. Mothma overruled him, arguing that, besides them needing her to identify her father, Jyn Erso was much like other Rebels who had lost their way and deserved a second chance.
Behind the scenesEdit
Davits Draven, portrayed by Alistair Petrie, was first revealed in the first teaser trailer for the Star Wars Anthology Series film Rogue One: A Star Wars Story on April 7, 2016. The physical similarities between Draven and Agent Kallus, a character from the animated television series Star Wars Rebels, led to a popular fan theory suggesting that this character was Kallus, and that the Imperial Security Bureau operative had defected from the Galactic Empire. However, Rogue One director Gareth Edwards confirmed in Entertainment Weekly, in a story from October 15, 2016, that the character's name is Draven.
- Rebel Rising
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (First appearance)
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story novelization
- Star Wars: Rogue One: A Junior Novel
- Star Wars: Rogue One: Secret Mission
- Rogue One, Part I
- Rogue One, Part III
- Star Wars Battlefront: Rogue One: X-wing VR Mission (First mentioned)
- (First pictured)
- Breznican, Anthony (October 15, 2016). Rogue One director obliterates popular fan theory about mysterious Rebel leader. Entertainment Weekly. ew.com. Retrieved on October 15, 2016. (First identified as Draven)
- Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide (First identified as Davits)
- Rogue One: Rebel Dossier
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Star Wars Battlefront: Rogue One: X-wing VR Mission
- ↑ Rogue One: A Star Wars Story novel
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Rogue One: Rebel Dossier
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Breznican, Anthony (October 15, 2016). Rogue One director obliterates popular fan theory about mysterious Rebel leader. Entertainment Weekly. ew.com. Retrieved on October 15, 2016.