|Chronological and political information|
Davod Jon was a Human male colonel who served the Galactic Empire as a Special Forces leader in the Galactic Civil War. Jon was promoted for his skills and bravery as a scout. In 4 ABY, Jon was present for the Dark Lord Darth Vader's arrival aboard the Empire's second Death Star battlestation, and afterward for the arrival of Emperor Palpatine. Jon would serve under Admiral Firmus Piett during the Battle of Endor.
Davod Jon was a Human male who served as a colonel in the Galactic Empire. As an officer of the Imperial Army, Jon was promoted for his skills and bravery as a scout. He served as a leader in the Empire's Special Forces unit.
Shortly before the Battle of Endor in 4 ABY, Jon was among the many Imperial personnel present when the Dark Lord Darth Vader arrived aboard the second Death Star to coerce the battlestation's commander, Moff Tiaan Jerjerrod, to quicken the superweapon's construction, to which Jerjerrod responded that his construction crews would double their efforts. Afterward, Jon stood in one of the Death Star's hangar bays alongside Vader and other officers to await the arrival of Emperor Palpatine aboard the battlestation. Jon went on to serve under Admiral Firmus Piett, the commanding officer of the Star Dreadnought Executor and Death Squadron, Vader's personal fleet, during the Battle of Endor.
Personality and traitsEdit
Davod Jon was known as a proficient leader. Despite the Empire's obvious technological superiority over opponents, Jon advocated the development of wilderness survival training for Imperial troops and convinced his superiors that wilderness survival and recon training were also necessary for military dominance.
Behind the scenesEdit
Davod Jon first appeared as one of the many Imperial personnel awaiting Darth Vader's arrival on the second Death Star in the opening scene of 1983's Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi. The character was portrayed by an uncredited actor, and was later on given a name and a brief backstory in the 2000 Death Star II Limited expansion set of the Star Wars Customizable Card Game. The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, released in 2008, also gave him an entry.
Several images found on T-bone's Star Wars Universe fan Web site show that Davod Jon was meant to appear in at least one additional scene in Return of the Jedi, which did not make the final cut. The last two out of six images from the previous link are from the beginning of an extended version of the Emperor's arrival aboard the second Death Star from a scene later in the movie, and the penultimate image shows Jon as part of a group of officers standing in a docking bay to greet Palpatine.
Original footage depicting Vader's arrival aboard the Death Star in the opening scene of Return of the Jedi was reused for the 1997 Special Edition release of Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back to show Vader arriving aboard his flagship, the Executor, following his Cloud City duel with Luke Skywalker. As such, the extras who portrayed the Imperial personnel awaiting Vader's Death Star arrival in Return of the Jedi, including Jon's actor, can be seen in The Empire Strikes Back Special Edition. It should be noted, however, that the Davod Jon character is not canonically established to have been aboard the Executor in the reused scene.
- Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi junior novelization (Cover only)
- Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi (First appearance)
- Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi PhotoComic
- Classic Star Wars: Return of the Jedi book-and-record (Picture only)
- Imperial Sourcebook (Picture only)
- Star Wars: Behind the Magic (Picture only)
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Death Star II Limited (Card: Colonel Davod Jon) (First identified as Davod Jon)
- Rebellion Era Sourcebook (Picture only)
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary (Picture only)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- (Picture only)
- Death Star Owner's Technical Manual (Picture only)
- (Video clip only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 1.8 Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Death Star II Limited (Card: Colonel Davod Jon)
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. II, p. 171 ("Jon, Colonel Davod")
- ↑ The New Essential Chronology
- ↑ Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary
- ↑ T-bone (2003-06-03). T-bone's Star Wars Universe - Return of the Jedi - Off To See The Emperor. T-bone's Star Wars Universe. Archived from the original on November 12, 2007. Retrieved on January 20, 2011.