|DC-15x sniper rifle|
|Physical and technical specifications|
|Usage and history|
The DC-15x sniper rifle was a long-range blaster rifle manufactured by BlasTech Industries for the clone snipers of the Galactic Republic. An enhanced version of the DC-15A blaster rifle, the DC-15x featured additional sights and exceptional accuracy in the hands of a sharpshooter specialist. The rifle had a capacity of six shots. Like the DC-15A, the DC-15x sniper rifle fired powerful blue plasma shots that were highly effective against both droids and organics.
While the DC-15x carried additional ammo and had a longer firing range, its Separatist counterpart, the E-5s sniper rifle had a higher magnification level and could be fired fully automatic. Though the DC-15x was the primary sniper rifle of the Grand Army of the Republic, the DC-17m weapons system employed by clone commandos could be converted into a high-powered ion sniper rifle.
Behind the scenesEdit
The DC-15x sniper rifle appears in the Star Wars: Battlefront video game series. It also appears in the Star Wars: Clone Wars comic The Package. It also bears a resemblance to the real-life German MG-42 machine gun.
- Star Wars: Battlefront (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Battlefront II
- Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron
- Star Wars: Clone Wars Adventures Volume 3 – "The Package"
- Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith video game
- Star Wars Battlefront: Renegade Squadron
- Battlefront: Prima Official Game Guide
- Battlefront II: Prima Official Game Guide
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia