- "Deploy the fleet so that nothing gets off the system."
- ―Darth Vader, to Admiral Piett
Death Squadron was the personal Imperial armada of the Dark Lord of the Sith Darth Vader, the Sith apprentice of Galactic Emperor Sheev Palpatine. Following the Battle of Yavin, the Death Squadron was led by the Executor-class Star Dreadnought Executor, supported by five smaller Imperial-class Star Destroyers. One of those support ships was the Devastator, which had been Vader's flagship before the Executor and had participated in the capture of Princess Leia Organa.
- 1 Executor-class Star Dreadnought
- 5 Imperial-class Star Destroyers
- Gozanti-class cruisers
- Lost Stars
- Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back (First appearance)
- The Empire Strikes Back: So You Want to Be a Jedi?
- Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back junior novelization
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi
- Star Wars: Return of the Jedi junior novelization
- "Blade Squadron"—Star Wars Insider 149–150