The Deep Core was a brightly lit region of the galaxy that lay at its very heart. A densely packed mass of stars and planets, the Deep Core was dangerous to navigate and largely left alone by galactic explorers. At its center existed an ancient, supermassive black hole that bound the galaxy together.
By the sixth year of Emperor Palpatine's reign, the Galactic Empire controlled a part of that region referred to as the Deep Core Security Zone. Kren Blista-Vanee, a member of Palpatine's Imperial Ruling Council, had been instrumental to the creation of hyperspace routes into the star systems of the Deep Core.
Following the Battle of Yavin, Luke Skywalker and Nakari Kelen traveled to the Deep Core moon of Fex to investigate a biological research ship belonging to Kelen Biolabs that had suddenly gone silent.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Destiny" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Sacrifice" (Appears in flashback(s))
- Tarkin (Mentioned only) (First identified as Deep Core)
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story novel (Mentioned only)
- Heir to the Jedi
- Battlefront: Twilight Company (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens Beginner Game
- Star Wars: Aliens of the Galaxy
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- Rogue One Rebel Dossier