The Defender-5 had both a lethal and a stun setting, with the power setting control on the left side of the weapon. It could show signs of oxidation around the tip of the barrel due to the high temperature it produced.
By the year 34 ABY, the Defender-5 blaster was considered a venerated classic and the Gatalentan Resistance Vice Admiral Amilyn Holdo favored using one. She used the blaster to stun several mutineers in the hangar of the MC85 Star Cruiser Raddus during an attack on the Resistance fleet by the First Order.
Behind the scenesEdit
The Defender-5 sporting blaster first appeared in the film Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi, which was released on December 15, 2017. The weapon was not named in the film, but received identification in Star Wars: The Last Jedi: The Visual Dictionary, a reference book written by Pablo Hidalgo and released in conjunction with the film.
- Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: The Visual Dictionary (First identified as Defender-5 sporting blaster)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 1.8 Star Wars: The Last Jedi: The Visual Dictionary
- ↑ Star Wars: Galactic Atlas places the events of the film Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens in 34 ABY. As Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi carries on immediately from the events of The Force Awakens, it can be assumed to take place in the same year.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi