- "The Empire has wasted no time in assembling a fleet to retake the planet. If they were to reach Mon Calamari, the devastation to the planet would be catastrophic."
- ―Mon Mothma
During the early years of the Galactic Civil War, the shipyards over Dac began production of new ships for use in the Alliance Fleet. In an attempt to stop them from using the ships, a massive Imperial fleet, spear-headed by 3 Imperial Star Destroyers, including the Accuser, attempted to destroy the shipyards before any cruisers were completed.
- "We have informants in place to alert us when the fleet gets underway. We must not waste a moment in preparing for this assault."
- ―Mon Mothma
Using Han Solo to capture plans for Mon Calamari Star Cruisers was a success, and shipyards over Dac began production of the cruisers. However, the Alliance discovered that a major Imperial fleet was massing over Coruscant, with the intent of invading Mon Calamari. Allowing this to happen was not an option.
Sending a detachment of their own fleet to join 5 Mon Calamari Cruisers, including Admiral Ackbar's Home One, over Mon Calamari, Alliance Space Stations were set up along hyperspace routes to stop the enemy's advance.
The Alliance's fleet intercepted the enemy before it could get to it's destination. Brutal fighting began, with both sides taking casualties. However, the rebels had the advantage, due to the space station, and the Imperials were losing the battle.
The new rebel cruisers proved their worth, as they managed to destroy the enemy flagships. Coupled with the rebel starfighters, the ships destroyed the Imperial Star Destroyers, and with them down, the rest of the Imperial fleet fell quickly.
- "Our victory over the Empire's fleet is cause for celebration, but I find it disturbing that they appear almost unconcerned with the loss of ships and personnel. Perhaps... they no longer need the ships."
- ―Mon Mothma
The destruction of the invading fleet meant that the rebels significantly upgraded the Alliance Fleet. Even though the Accuser was hastily repaired, the rebel were clearly capable of destroying Imperial Star Destroyers.
However, Mon Mothma was unnerved by how apparently unconcerned the Galactic Empire seemed about the loss of such a large fleet. She thought that the Empire must have a plan to destroy the Rebellion. She was proven correct shortly afterword, as the first Death Star attempted to destroy Yavin 4.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Star Wars: Empire at War (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Empire at War: Prima Official Game Guide (First identified as Defense of Mon Calamari)
- Star Wars: Empire at War: Forces of Corruption: Prima Official Game Guide
Notes and referencesEdit