Deflector shield generators were produced in a variety of sizes, ranging from small personal projectors to large units used on capital ships. In some cases, the generator could project the shield a great distance and without need for line of sight, by using a focusing dish. Variants included planetary shield generators, such as the SLD-26 planetary shield generator used to protect the second Death Star in orbit over the moon of Endor, and the DSS-02 shield generator used to protect Echo Base during the Battle of Hoth. The Gungans used handheld shield generators along with shield generators on the back of their fambaas. The Imperial Army used a force shield projector to protect their base on Borleias around 7 ABY.
- The Star Wars Sourcebook
- Rebel Alliance Sourcebook, Second Edition
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Hoth Limited (Card: Deflector Shield Generators)
- Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire trading cards (Card: )
- Star Wars Gamemaster Screen, Revised
- Star Wars: The Art of the Brothers Hildebrandt
- Star Wars Trilogy Sourcebook - Special Edition
- Star Wars: Rebellion: Prima's Official Strategy Guide
- Star Wars: Episode I toy line
- The Essential Guide to Weapons and Technology
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 47 (GUN5-6, Gungan Energy Shield)
- The New Essential Guide to Weapons and Technology
- Bartyn's Landing"—Star Wars Gamer 7 "
- Millennium Falcon Owner's Workshop Manual
- The Essential Guide to Warfare