A deflector shield generator, or simply called a shield generator, was a device which was used to create a deflector shield, such as a ray shield. Deflector shield generators were used to create protective shields for starships, vehicles, personnel and droids.
The Galactic Empire based a SLD-26 planetary shield generator on the forest moon of Endor. This shield provided protection for the Empire's powerful Death Star II superweapon and, so long as it was active, made the weapon invulnerable to the attacks of the Rebel Alliance forces.
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars film
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Defenders of Peace"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Landing at Point Rain"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Nightsisters" (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Crisis on Naboo"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Orders"
- Star Wars Rebels: The Siege of Lothal
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope (First appearance)
- Escape from Darth Vader
- Smuggler's Run: A Han Solo & Chewbacca Adventure
- Smuggler's Run animated comic
- Heir to the Jedi
- Star Wars 1: Skywalker Strikes
- Star Wars Battlefront
- Star Wars: Commander
- Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi
- LEGO Star Wars: Droid Tales Episodes I-III (Appears non-canonically in flashbacks)
- Shattered Empire, Part I
- "Blade Squadron: Zero Hour"—Star Wars Insider 160
- Star Wars: Uprising
- Before the Awakening
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: A Junior Novel