- "We test a new weapon, of my own design, which is capable of catastrophic destruction. A weapon which will destroy organic matter, but leave machines unharmed."
- ―Lok Durd to Count Dooku on the defoliator weapon
The defoliator was a weapon developed by the Neimoidian General Lok Durd for the Separatist Alliance as part of the research effort of Jedi-proof biological weapons. The defoliator was used in the DDT tank, a modified Armored Assault Tank. The weapon was specialized to destroy organic life—such as clone troopers—while preserving machines—such as battle droids—in combat during the Clone Wars. The weapon was funded by Count Dooku and tested on Maridun, where it was destroyed by the Jedi Knight Anakin Skywalker. Another was used by General Grievous to wipe out the Nightsisters on Dothamir, save their leader, Mother Talzin, and Asajj Ventress, both of whom managed to escape.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Defenders of Peace" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Hostage Crisis" (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Massacre"
- Ultimate Star Wars
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- Star Wars: On the Front Lines
- Star Wars: The Rebel Files